“The only way to have a friend is to be one.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
| Week 5 |
Showing gratitude grows joy and happiness. By counting your blessings you increases your capacity for love, forgiveness, joy, purpose and all the other positives we want in our lives.
This weeks project is to count your blessings and radiate those blessings out into the world.
Write down things that for that someone else has done for you or given to you. These are blessings in our lives. This can range from raking leaves for you, a thinking of you gift, a ride somewhere, babysitting, a listening ear and so forth.
Now write ten things you would like to do for or give to someone else. It doesn’t have to be over the top. Some examples are:
- Babysit for a friend
- Buy the meal for another person in a restaurant
- Make a date with an old friend to listen and share stories
- Send flowers / Pick wildflowers and give instead
- Bake treats for someone in your neighborhood
- Make a donation (big or small) to your favorite charity
- Send a thank you note
See how many off your list you get done this week. You don’t have to complete them all but just one will help you spread gratitude to others and that in itself is a success.